Today with 15 minutes left before the end of the day, as my students were packing their things, writing in their assignment notebook, I cleared my throat and told them I would like to make an announcement. With 23 sets of eyes on me, all waiting for something cool to come out of my mouth, I stammered, “I would like to tell you something…” Silence. I kept going, “Every day, I tell my husband when he asks about my day about you. Every day I tell my husband how I have the nicest kids, the kids that make me so proud. I share the funny stories, the things you accomplish and the community we share. Every day I tell him that. But I don’t tell you and I should. So thank you for being that class that I can tell people about. Thank you for being that class where I can step out of the room for a moment and know that you continue to work without me there. For helping each other, for staying engaged and focused and for thinking school is not boring.” And then I stopped because I got emotional as pregnant women tend to do. And the kids smiled and I told them it was time to go and so they did.
Have you taken the time to tell your students how they make you feel?
This is a great post! thank you!
- teacher-woman reblogged this from adventuresinlearning
- awesomethingsaregoodforyou likes this
- awesomethingsaregoodforyou reblogged this from theflailingneverstops
- beeetr3 likes this
- theflailingneverstops reblogged this from adventuresinlearning
- theflailingneverstops likes this
- idanielyu reblogged this from adventuresinlearning and added:
- idanielyu likes this
- kundoyumnam likes this
- vialaluna likes this
- notastorytopasson reblogged this from adventuresinlearning
- holtthink reblogged this from adventuresinlearning
- qbnscholar said: Via email, except 3 times. 1st course I taught, told them in class & cried. For 1 class it did not feel right so I skipped it, though I was grateful. Last time I taught I told them the last day of class. Lots of crying by me and several students.
- heelsarefordancing likes this
- joiningtothethinkers likes this
- lessoninteaching likes this
- jills-a-master likes this
- prephour likes this
- purpleishboots likes this
- teachertantrum reblogged this from adventuresinlearning
- teachertantrum likes this
- youknowyougrow likes this
- txrhonda likes this
- macmebaby likes this
- melinapagee likes this
- adventuresinlearning posted this